Thursday, December 27, 2012

Don't Break Down When You Have Broken Powder

As I am getting ready this morning I go to put on my new fav matte bronzer by NYX and GASP!!! It's broken!! How did this happen? What did I do to deserve this? Well, a little time spent on Pinterest and I think I have found the solution. I will def be trying this tonight.

Step 1: Dump the shadow into a small bowl. You can use an extra makeup brush to get the original container clean.



Step 2: Use the back of a brush to crush the shadow into a fine powder.



Step 3: I used the cap to my rubbing alcohol as a measurement and poured it into the container with the shadow. Make sure to mix well until you end up with a paste! Start off by slowly adding the alcohol, to make sure you don’t make the mixture too watery. In the case that happens, it’s all good – it will just take a bit longer for the shadow to dry down.

I used a wooden stirrer that I had lying around, but you can use a spoon or anything you want.




 



Step 4: You’ll have a paste that you will mold into the original shadow container. Try to make it as even as possible! You will be able to make little adjustments later!





Step 5: Place the shadow where it will not be bothered for the next few hours.



Step 6: Time goes by ….. and after a couple of hours you can see the powder coming together. You can use a piece of fabric (or in my case a paper towel), tohelp mold the shadow and also give it a nice finish. Afterwards, leave it alone for several hours.



Step 7: All set! When all is said and done, it took around 8 hours or so to complete! Not bad!





There ya have it girls! No more broken powder or eyeshadow ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment